joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mixtape. (No. 7)

I woke up this morning to a world of grey. Up above me, beautiful wisps of silver and white swirled while the clouds curled in unruly patterns across the sky. Just outside, small raindrops were beginning to catch on the windowpane, sliding in familiar patterns as they grew larger in their downward tumble. The air was crisp & the chill, refreshing. I breathed in deep, slowly letting the cold awaken my lungs.

It was the makings of another rainy day here in New York; but I didn't seem to mind. No, not today.

You see, just around the bend, there's a busy schedule waiting for me. A schedule laden with travel, an agenda of early morning flights, and a life restricted to 3oz bottles of liquid. There is a lot of time to be spent on the road, a lot of hours to be logged in the in between. And in this moment, the thought of those nine separate flights and train rides is proving to be nine too many.

So for now, I'll enjoy the grey. I'll take in the rain and the subtle hiss of the streets as the taxis whiz by, spraying bits of puddle as they go. I'll be glad I'm not leaving just yet. I think that worry is better left to tomorrow.

Today, I'll enjoy the following mix that's made its way to the top of my playlist these past few weeks. It's an assortment of eclectic tracks that I've had circulating for a while now, but there's something oddly perfect in the way they've come together here. Today seems to be the day for putting in the headphones and turning up the volume a bit louder than I would have yesterday. I hope you'll do the same.
xo



Ritual Union-- Little Dragon
Fake Empire -- The National
Trojans -- Atlas Genius
Same Mistakes -- The Echo-Friendly
Towers -- Bon Iver
Riding Coach -- 1, 2, 3
Lonely Boy -- The Black Keys
Wolf -- First Aid Kit
Feeling Good -- My Brightest Diamond
Comforting Sounds -- Birdy
Relocate -- Kauf

No comments:

Post a Comment