joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Snapshots.

We were gifted an absolutely beautiful weekend here in the city. While the unexpected crisp air and strong rays of sun were strangely reminiscent to the early days of Fall, I have to admit my heart skipped a beat when I suddenly realized that reaching into the back of my closet to pull out those cowboy boots of mine was actually fair game. Love when this crazy weather pattern seems to fall in my favor!

While the majority of my day was unfortunately swallowed whole with errands, somewhere between the purchase of a 10-pack of mini toothpaste tubes and a stop at the market to replenish my stock of granola on Saturday (Game on, travel schedule. Game on.) I found myself near the Promenade with a bit of time to spare. A stop by my favorite neighborhood cafe, an avocado sandwich & a tall, cold glass of cider later, it really started to feel like a Saturday. Here are a few snapshots from my little detour--


Thank goodness for those moments of easy calm & quiet.
Oh weekends, how I love you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment