joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Forest Feast.

A part of my heart has always been in this city-- feeding off of the constant hum of the streets and the electricity in the air. Ever since I was a little girl, I've been drawn to the buzz, to the culture, to the life here. There's just something about the way this city makes both your head and your heart swell with big ideas & lofty dreams that's intoxicating to me. But as much as my heart will always love New York, there's a part of me that also yearns for a life of simplicity. A life away from the lights and the concrete; a life spent more quietly, more connected to the people and the earth that surround me. I know that this chapter of my life is meant to be spent here-- is meant to be shaped by my experience in this city-- but one day, one day, there's a cabin nestled within a large, open landscape that will call my name and I'll know it's time.

With that said, it's no surprise that my heart skipped a beat when I first came across The Forest Feast a few months ago and that connection to author/photographer Erin Gleeson and her story was a natural one. After establishing a life here in New York as a freelance photographer oftentimes working within the world of the culinary arts, Erin found herself on a plane bound for California this past Fall where she and her husband were relocated. Settling into a little cabin in the woods outside of Palo Alto, Erin realized a large lifestyle change was before her and a door leading into a creative world, unlike anything she had in New York, was opening. Drawing upon her experience as a photographer in the food kitchens of New York and the new found inspiration within her new world of CSA boxes, walks in the woods, Adirondack chairs & back porches, The Forest Feast was born.

A food blog filled with beautifully executed "photographic recipe illustrations", The Forest Feast is a fresh breath of simple, organic air that you can't help but love. Thanks to Erin who graciously allowed me to share a few of my favorites below--

 

To read more about Erin and the inspiration behind The Forest Feast, be sure to check out her interview over on Weldon Owen. 


Recipes, Photos and Illustrations by Erin Gleeson from The Forest Feast, www.theforestfeast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment