joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry, Merry.


Hello dear readers! My apologies for being so absent these past few days. As I'm sure many of you can relate, things have been a bit hectic around here-- but, today is not a day for dwelling, today is Christmas. A day for being with the ones that you love. A day for sharing memories and retelling favorite stories by a crackling fire. A day for starting off with a mug of hot chocolate and ending with a flute of champagne. A day for showering each other with love-- the greatest gift of all. A day for eating unnecessary amounts of delicious food and indulging in that extra piece of pie, just because. But most of all-- today has been a day for giving thanks for all of the many blessings that we are so very lucky to have in our lives.

Tonight, I write to you all from the comfort of my favorite nook of my favorite couch in my family's living room in Virginia. The Christmas tree lights are on, the house smells of apple pie, and the dog is curled on top of my feet, keeping them warm. It has been a wonderfully Merry Christmas indeed. I hope you all have been able to spend your holiday making and cherishing memories with those whose hearts you hold most dear.

Merry, Merry Christmas all! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment