joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Thankful.


After a quick road-trip to Charlottesville to meet with some of my dearest college roommates, I wanted to share a few things that I'm feeling especially thankful for today:

- Unusually warm December days full of sunshine and cloudless, blue skies.
- Sitting on the steps of Jefferson's Rotunda, gazing down his beautiful Lawn and taking in the iconic red bricks and white columns.
- Knowing that all my life, Charlottesville will always feel like home.
- Tried and true friendship that withstands the tests of time & distance and allows you to pick right back up, despite a 6-month hiatus, as though not a minute has passed at all.
- Spending time sharing good conversation & deep-belly laughs with some of my nearest and dearest friends whom I'm so incredibly blessed to know I'll be going through life with for a good, long while.

Oh life, you are so very good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment