joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Before I Die...

Initially installed as a giant chalkboard on the side of an abandoned house in a New Orleans neighborhood, the Before I Die project was created by artist Candy Chang as a way for her neighbors to take a moment out of their daily lives to remember what matters most-- Before I Die is an interactive public art project that transforms neglected spaces into a constructive place where we can discover the hopes and dreams of the people around us. It is a reminder to ourselves of what is most important to us.

Not surprisingly, this incredible project quickly garnered worldwide acclaim as it began to take root in cities and communities around the world, challenging individuals as it went to join together in documenting a global bucket list of sorts.

Just last month, on a small little street corner only a few blocks from my apartment, native Brooklynites joined the movement. While the project was unfortunately taken down before I could venture over, I came across some photos and wanted to share. Enjoy exploring the dreams and wishes of the many individuals who I have the good fortune of sharing these city streets with--

Right all my wrongs-- Hike the Appalachian Trail-- Fall in love-- Donate over 1 Million Dollars-- Start a family-- Let Fate Decide-- Win the lottery-- Leave a Legacy-- Experience true love-- Win an Oscar-- Be Happy. 

 
 


So how about it, friends? Let's give it a whirl. Before I die I want to _______________________.

1 comment: