joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mixtape. (No. 10)

It's been a good long while since I last found a second to share some music with you all, but after having the following on constant shuffle around these parts for weeks, let me just say that if there was ever a mix that was worth the wait, I promise this is it. While I'm not sure exactly what it is about this particular compilation that has managed to so perfectly speak to both my head & my heart at this particular junction in time, all I know is that amidst this season of irregularity, this mix just feels all sorts of right. From those late nights toiling away at the office and long layovers between flights to the slow weekend mornings spent experimenting in the kitchen and late afternoons browsing through stalls at the Flea, this mix has been a bit of a constant companion to me as of late.

A mix of the regular cast of characters alongside some new found favorites-- shout out to UVa alums/Charlottesville-based group The Hill and Wood (!!)-- this playlist has proven to be everything this season of life has called for, and more. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Happy listening, friends.
xo



No. 10 from joie.de.vivre on 8tracks Radio.


Love Lost -- The Temper Trap
Bloodbuzz Ohio -- The National
Flowers in Your Hair -- The Lumineers
Make a Noise -- Katie Herzig
Rebellion (Lies) -- Arcade Fire
And the Boys -- Angus & Julia Stone
Helena Beat -- Foster the People
Slow and Steady -- Of Monsters and Men
The Call -- The Hill and Wood
Take a Walk -- Passion Pit
I Found a Way -- First Aid Kit


No comments:

Post a Comment