joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

In The Kitchen.

After a whirlwind weekend with an apartment full of visitors, I found myself with entire night to myself last night. And my gosh, it was wonderful. Within approximately three and a half minutes of my walking in the door from work, the pajama pants and oversized sweatshirt were on, the oven was preheating as the stove warmed a large drizzle of olive oil in the skillet, and a big ol' hunk of aged Parmesan was being worked over with a grater. And so passed the next 5 hours.


With a cold glass of crisp, white wine in one hand and a good book in the other, the night slowly disappeared as I leisurely drifted between my nook on the couch and the kitchen, transitioning from one dish to the next. As the sweet, sweet melodies of Angus & Julia Stone filled the room, the flame from a soy candle in the corner seemed to dance in its holder.

It was perfection in its most simplistic form. Truly.

Pictured above:
- Kale, Shallot & Goat Cheese Crustless Quiche (adapted from Megan's recipe over at Fig & Fauna)
- Whole Wheat Thyme Pizza Dough (adapted from Heidi's recipe over at 101 Cookbooks)
- Peach Blueberry Muffins with a dusting of Oatmeal Cinnamon Sugar (via Mango Tomato)

1 comment: