joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to Reality.

Hello, dear friends! Goodness, there's so much to catch up on-- Happy New Year! I hope in my hiatus you all enjoyed a wonderful end to your holidays and a fabulous start to 2012. At some point soon, I'm hoping to find some time for a post on my thoughts and wishes for the New Year, but as the red flashing light on my blackberry has been reminding me since I landed in New York last night, today is certainly not going to be that day. Cue post-vacation whirlwind of catch-up. Whew!

Regardless, spending this past week away with my family was so incredibly needed & I couldn't be more thankful to have found some time to play hookey from life for a bit. There is just nothing like shutting off your phone off for a week, feeling completely disconnected from the world & just letting your mind sleep.

Then again, with access to vacant beaches with views like this, it certainly wasn't hard to just kick back and let the warmth of the sun remind me that life can be really, really good sometimes.

 

But, like I said, it's back to reality today-- yes, 17 degree weather, I hear you loud and clear. The teapot is on, the candles are lit, and I've put on my extra thick pair of wool socks. Here's to knocking off some major To-Do's.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment