joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

You're Mine, Clementine.

There are so many things that I love about this winter season-- the Holidays, the smell of pine, the sound of wood crackling in the fireplace, the way your cheeks get all pink from the cold-- but there are very few things that can compare to one of my all-time favorite winter treats: clementines.


Oh. Sweet. Goodness.

The perfect combination of sweetness and tangy citrus-- these little treats offer the perfect reminder of all things summer to brighten even the darkest winter days. And holy moly are they good. Give me a day and a half -- two days, tops-- and I'll hand you the empty crate that once held dozens of these little oranges. (And yes, I am in fact sitting next to the peels of the 4 clementines I just snacked on.)

And don't even get me started on that lingering citrusy smell on the tips of your fingers that lasts for hours. Oh I just love it.

Mmmm. Bon appetit, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment