joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October.

Fall arrived in New York today. The breeze was chilly & the air was crisp. I swear you could almost smell the turning of the season. Mmmm, I love this time of year-- Warm cider, Fall foliage, oversized sweaters, pumpkin spice & cinnamon sticks. Everything just starts to feel a little cozier.

As I was walking home today, drawing my sweater a little nearer to keep the breeze out, I thought of this beautiful quote and chuckled--

here is the truth about october:

the earth takes a breath and slows down just enough
for the chilled air to slip between the folds of your sweater
and you hurry on
as the trees tremble
sacrificing their leaves to the dirt one by one by one.


So true, right? What a wonderful month. Here's to you, October.


Photo, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment