joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Happy Weekend.

Whew- we made it, friends. The weekend has officially begun. And thank goodness, too.

I was hoping that this week would prove to be a bit slower for me, but as it always seems to, life certainly had other plans in store these past few days. With my apartment fully boarded up and my windows taped and towel-lined in preparation for Hurricane Irene's arrival, I've zipped the final things into my suitcase and am ready to head out West for the week. Given how insane the city became today with all the unexpected evacuations and closings, I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have an actual ticket out of the mayhem. (Fingers crossed that airports stay open long enough for me to board and settle into a comfortable cruising altitude.)

I'm not sure where you are or what your plans are for the weekend, but I'd like to wish you and yours a wonderful, wonderful weekend. And for those of you who are stuck awaiting Irene's impending arrival: please, please stay safe. I'll be sure to keep you East Coasters in mind while I enjoy the cool weather and warm sunshine from California's coast. ;-)

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment