joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekend Recap (Part I).

Well, it was a marvelously quiet weekend in my little neck of the Brooklyn woods-- no guests, no alarms, no plans, no nothing. And my goodness was it wonderful. After a slew of weekends filled with dear friends in town and lots of exciting adventures scheduled here and there, having a quiet weekend to myself is exactly what I've found myself needing for a while now. Well, mission accomplished.

After a solid night of almost 18 hours of sleep on Friday (yes, that would require me to fall asleep circa 5:30pm-- you are correct), I woke up Saturday morning feeling more refreshed & renewed than I have in months. With only my camera and a good book to keep me company, Saturday was then spent strolling through some of my favorite neighborhoods, from cafe to cafe, and without any concept of time. It was glorious. Here are a few snapshots--

 

1-- Spent the better part of the morning/early afternoon at one of my favorite little cafes in Brooklyn Heights: Iris Cafe. Aside from the exposed red brick walls, window-seat nooks, and overall decor being reason enough to camp out and stay awhile, the food (comprised of only fresh and local ingredients) is absolutely divine. Order me up an avocado sandwich and a tall glass of fresh pressed apple cider and I'm guaranteed to be one happy girl.
2 & 3-- Some shots from my stroll down Henry Street en route to...
4 & 5-- After having Brooklyn Farmacy & Soda Fountain on my to-do list for months now, I was excited to finally find myself with some time to dip in for a little treat towards the end of the afternoon. A family owned business located in a fully restored 1920s pharmacy, this neighborhood gem is not only a true throwback to another era, but it also served as the perfect place for me to waste some time on my lazy Saturday afternoon. And please, don't even get me started on how delicious that chocolate shake was. I can assure you, I was not disappointed. Mmm. Not one bit. 
6-- Finally picked up some fresh greens to spruce up the apartment a bit- huzzah! (Farewell shriveled Winterberry branches-- you were so wonderfully beautiful the whole two months that you lasted)

More to come with some snapshots from Sunday's visit to the Brooklyn Flea, but for now wishing you all a wonderful start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment