joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December.


Dear December,  I'm still not so sure how it is that you've already arrived, but I must admit I'm so very glad to see you! Here are a few of the things I'm most looking forward to this month--

- The intoxicating smell of fresh pine.
- Frank Sinatra's voice as he croons all of my favorite holiday classics.
- That feeling of finding the perfect gift for a friend or loved one.
- The crackle of logs in the fireplace.
- Dressing up and toasting to the season with good friends at festive parties.
- Wandering the stalls at the dozens of bazaars and markets around the city.
- The wintry freshness of peppermint in my hot chocolate.
- Trying my hand at some new crafts to get my apartment in the holiday spirit.
- Window shopping down 5th Avenue after an afternoon of ice skating in Central Park.
- Going to bed on Christmas Eve hoping to wake up to a world covered in a dusting of fresh, powdery snow.

Here's to soaking up all of the joy and merriment that makes this season so incredibly wonderful. Happy December, dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment