joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

New York, New York.

You come to New York to find the ambiance that will evoke your heart. You do not necessarily know precisely what that might be, but you come to New York to discover it.
 -- Dr. James Hillman


A Year in New York from Andrew Clancy on Vimeo.

Every day that I venture out my front door, I find myself coming home more and more awestruck by this city. There's a magic to New York-- an extra special something-- that I think has come to be embedded within the culture of this place. And if you learn to open your eyes, to really see the world around you here, there's always something to be discovered. Always something to be learned.

It's only been 4 months since I've come to call this city home, but in that short time, I already know that I've grown. I've come to see things differently. I've come to understand the people and the world around me more clearly.

This city inspires me.

I want to get out and explore. I want to know the nooks & crannies. I want to see what's hiding behind every door. There are so many stories to be heard, so many moments to be witnessed, so many opportunities to be grasped.

Here's to you, New York. There's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment