joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Wonderful Weekend.

Hi, friends! I hope this post finds you refreshed after a long Labor Day weekend. I don't know about you, but that extra day off was exactly what I found myself needing this morning- thank goodness for holidays.

My parents managed to squeeze in some time to come and visit this weekend and even better was the fact that we were able to snag some tickets to one of our favorite events all year- the U.S. Open. Not sure how many tennis fans I've got out there, but having been raised an avid fan and player from a young age, tennis has always been a go-to past time for our family.


It was so wonderful having the chance to head out to Flushing Meadows and waste the weekend away enjoying some great matches, soaking up the last of the summer sun, and sharing a few good, hard laughs with those I love most. (The delicious frozen lemonades weren't too shabby either- I'll tell you that much.)

Unfortunately Tuesday has come lurking around the corner which means that this lovely long weekend has come to a close and I've got to head back to the airport in the morning for a work trip in St. Louis for most of the week. Definitely hoping to find some time to share some fun posts with you all as the week goes on, but bear with me if my hands get tied. I'll be back soon, I promise!

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment