joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wise Words.

Halfway into my nightly tumble into bed, I stumbled across this photo and just had to pass along.

 Image from here.

There have been many moments in my life when I've been reminded to live life to the fullest and ensure that I truly take no moment for granted; however, in recent years, I've come to realize that this practice is certainly a lot easier said than done. With the endless chaos, both good and bad, that generally tend to swallow my day whole, there are many nights that I go to sleep just relieved that I was able to navigate my way through the day just long enough to make it back to the comfort of my own bed without losing my head to the endless lists and tasks and responsibilities on my plate. With life arriving on our front doorstep in all sorts of sizes, packages, and wrappings, I know I'm not the only one out there who doesn't always remember to take pause and reflection as I make my way through this crazy journey that we call life. 

What I love about this quote is its honesty. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a struggle, accept it. But life is also a song, sing it. 

It reminds me that each moment is unique and if you allow yourself to be too consumed by the nature of it, either good or bad, you'll negate to rise to the challenge before you; thus, a precious opportunity to learn or grow will be lost. Life is chaotic, but it's finding a balance that allows you to play the game, and to play it well, that enables you to succeed. It's about knowing that in times of struggle, there are times of joy to be had ahead. It's about living in the moment- the good, the bad, and the ugly. It's about embracing those moments to their fullest and knowing that you'll make it through because there will be something expected from you at the next turn. 

Here's to what today has in store. 

Photo found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment