joie de vivre-- a cheerful enjoyment of life & an exultation of spirit.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wheww.

Is it just me or did today literally disappear?

All I know is that I've got two glorious reasons why I was able to make it through this tremendously busy day of mine: Virginia peaches & Django Reinhardt's Crazy Rhythm.

First and foremost, I think I've eaten more peaches in the past 2 weeks than I have in my entire life- hello beautiful perks of summer! They're absolutely fantastic right now and I just can't seem to get enough. I've got my eyes set on a local farmer's market to visit this weekend so I can pick up a bucket full of 'em, bake something delicious, and indulge all weekend long. I mean, come on, do these not look unbelievably good, or what?




Secondly, I'm not sure how many of you have ever had the pleasure of stumbling across the incredibly talented Django Reinhardt, but he's a Jazz musician from way back in the day known especially for his introduction of the "hot jazz" guitar back in the 30's and quite frankly, I'm in love. There's something so magically intoxicating about music from this era that has a knack for just transporting you back in time. My iTunes brilliantly decided to shuffle on over to Django's Crazy Rhythm album this morning and I kept it going all afternoon.

                         


Hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment